Are you interested in finding out more about health research?
Do you have two or more long term health conditions, and recent experience of pregnancy and birth?
We’re expanding the MuM-PreDiCT patient and public involvement advisory group and are looking for people who can help us shape this exciting research project.
Six amazing women – Sara, Jennifer, Charis, Siddequah, Nicola and Mary – joined the group last year and their insights and priorities were an important part of our successful bid for funding for the research.
Now we want to expand the group to make sure we cover pregnant women and birthing people’s experiences of maternity care and having two or more long term health conditions in all four countries of the UK, and from a variety of backgrounds. We particularly want to hear from people who:
- Live in Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland
- Were born in another country, such as Poland or Pakistan
- Live in very rural areas, with a significant distance to travel to see medical specialists
- Are of Black or Mixed ethnic group
- Have experienced health issues such as cancer, deafness, heart disease, skin conditions, blood disorders such as sickle cell disease, being HIV positive or having an organ transplant
The group meets (virtually online) 3 or 4 times per year to find out how the research is progressing and discuss issues arising from this. All members are paid £25 per hour for attending. We also have a WhatsApp group where we keep in touch between meetings.
To find out more about the group, or to express an interest in joining, email email@example.com.
To see the full list of health conditions we are studying see this blog post https://mumpredict.org/79-health-conditions-defining-2-or-more-long-term-health-conditions-in-pregnancy/